Stampin Up Experience Days

Here are the dates for 2012 Experience days that Lisa & myself have organised.

Now Booking

Sunday 29th April - £25 for a whole day of cardmaking or scrapbooking or a mix of both - the Choice is yours.



Future Dates:

Sunday24th June,

Saturday 6th October

Saturday1st December ~ Christmas gift event

And don't forget for every event you attend you will receive a FREE raffle ticket which could win you a BIG SHOT BUNDLE.
(Draw to take place during December's Event)

All DAYS HAVE VERY LIMITED PLACES SO BOOK NOW TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT.

Please note due to problems in the past we now need payment on booking & as before there will be no refunds without 48hrs notice.

Tuesday 2 February 2010

Bad day at work

I have had a bad day at work today. My patients were lovely if not a little challenging but it was the end of my shift that caused the upset. I was informed very casually that my ward was changing yet again. Now given that we only had a change just before Christmas this really was just too much for me. Why can't the managers just leave us alone & let us get on with the job we are good at. I really am at the end of my tether & feel like leaving nursing for good, but I know that I really would miss my patients far too much, for they are what make my job a pleasure to do.

Well rant over here is what the majority come on this blog for.

This is a very quick & easy card using mainly the Sale-a-bration Vintage labels set. Remember you only have until the 28th February to get this set for free.




To get the images in the centre of the frame I used the reverse masking technique.

For those who do not know this technique here is a quick tutorial.

1, Stamp your desired image on your card stock. In this case one of the Vintage Label's stamps using sage shadow ink & card stock.



2, Stamp the image again on a post it note or stamp masking tape. I've used basic gray, as it shows up well on the white.


3, Cut out the part you want your 2nd image to appear in. I've placed it on black card stock so it shows up better.

4, Apply this mask to your 1st image.


Ensure it is fully aligned to your original image.


5, Ink your 2nd stamp up & stamp it through the hole in your mask. Be careful not to get stray ink on your card stock if your mask is smaller than this image - Hear speaks the voice of experience :) This flower is from Pocket Silhouettes.


6, Remove mask & hey presto you have a beautiful stamped image in your original frame.




I've used this orginal mask twice more to complete the finished card. The greetings come from another Sale-a-bration set called Whimsical Words.

Hope that was helpful to some of you. Let me know if you would like to see more tutorials on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment